Encompass is our online platform for managing meters, displaying data on customizable dashboards, and generating bills. It is intended to support EKM Push3 users specifically, as it makes use of the cloud data that the EKM Push system provides. We’ve decided to make Encompass free for anyone that purchases an Omnimeter and Push3 metering system. We encourage you to visit www.encompass.io to give it a try for yourself. If you click the Try It button on the encompass.io homepage you will log in to our demonstration account, where you can take a test drive. This allows you to test the full functionality of Encompass before you order a metering system. If you already have a metering system, and would like to create you own Encompass account, click the “register” button in the top right of the Encompass homepage.
From within Encompass, users can name meters, group them appropriately, assign a cost per kWh or unit of water or gas, generate bills, analyze trends, and more. For pulse meters connected to any of the three pulse inputs on a v.4 Omnimeter, users can define if the meters are water or gas and also define the value of each pulse as a unit of water or gas. Encompass allows users to monitor meters individually or group meters together to aggregate data. Data is available to display in a variety of ways on customizable dashboards. "Widgets" can be added, removed, customized, or repositioned on each dashboard.
The billing feature set includes the ability to:
- generate bills for individual meters, or groups of meters
- apply each meter's cost/unit (kWh, cubic foot, gallon, etc.)
- add fixed and/or % fees and/or credit to each bill
- include tenant and billing agent contact information
- include messages and payment instructions for the tenant
- send bills directly to the tenant and/or the billing agent
- schedule automatic monthly bills to generate
- generate bills with a custom date range
Bills are emailed as a PDF and/or CSV file: Sample PDF Bill
CSV Bills offer a more scalable way to manage billing for many meters. CSVs also offer an easy way to extract the billing data so that it can be entered into bills of your own design, if the PDF bills will not work for you:
There are some inherent advantages to a web app like Encompass, vs. desktop software, such as our EKM Dash. These include:
- You don’t need to have a computer running constantly to collect or manage data. Scheduled reports, alerts, etc., are more dependable because you don’t need to run software on your computer to make them happen at the intended time. Instead, Encompass' systems are running 24/7 on our servers, to make sure that everything happens when it should.
- You can log into your Encompass account from anywhere in the world (with an internet connection) and from any computer.
- New features and bug fixes are pushed automatically so you never need to download new versions.
- We can offer better support when issues arise because we’re better able to see the same issues that you see. Conversely, supporting desktop software can be challenging. This is because there are many more variables that come into play: software version, operating system, operating system version, etc. A change in any one of these variables can lead to a different experience with the software. In general, there is less opportunity for this to happen with cloud-based software.
- There is the potential to have advanced analytics and trend analysis, in the future, that run on the Encompass servers.
Let us know how we can improve Encompass. Every little bit helps!
We want your input. Questions, problem reports, praise, feature requests are all welcome. We've provided a feedback link the Encompass header which is visible once you're logged in. Improvements will be rolled out as they are developed. Alternatively, you can try our EKM Dash software which also works with Push3 data.
ALSO NOTE: Encompass will function properly on desktop and laptop computers. For now, it is not designed to work on mobile devices.
For more information about our products and services, we encourage you to visit our online Knowledge Base, which provides spec sheets, videos, tutorials, FAQs, diagrams, and more.
Encompass tutorials can be found here: Encompass Tutorials.
If you have any questions related to Encompass, please send them to email@example.com.
To simplify the ordering process we have assembled five Metering Packages that you can customize for your specific needs. We separate the packages by electrical system type and also have a package for water and/or gas and/or electric metering. Encompass will work with any Omnimeter and Push3 metering system. Please choose from the links below: