CT Type: Piercing Split-Core
Max. Amperage: 200 amps
Inside Diameter: 19 mm or 0.748 inches
Outside Dimensions: 2.44" x 3.16" x 2.77"
Wire Gauge: For use on cable that is 4/0 or smaller. It is best to measure your wire diameter in millimeters, rather than use the wire gauge. This is because the insulation thickness varies materially from one wire manufacturer to the next. It is much better to oversize your CT than to undersize it.
These 19mm Piercing Split Core Current Transformers (CTs) are unique in that they provide both an amperage and voltage references to our Omnimeters. The CT closes around the wire being measured, just like a typical split core CT. Unlike a typical split core CT this model has two piercing screws that are designed to screw into the wire being measured to contact the conductor. This contact provides a voltage reference through a third CT lead wire (red) that connects to our Omnimeter models. This feature is useful if there is not a breaker available to run the voltage reference from. The function is similar to that of our Piercing Connectors.
Internal self-resetting fuse.
Internal diode allows you to safely open-circuit the CT leads when it is installed on a live wire.
- 1.) Make sure that the power is turned off and that the wires being measured are not energized.
- 2.) Use one of the two CT inserts that is provided that best suits your wire diameter.
- 3.) Snap the CT around the wire being read.
- 4.) Screw the four screws into the corner positions on the CT, to hold the CT closed.
- 5.) Position the CT where you want it on the wire being read.
- 6.) Screw in both piercing screws until they pierce the wire insulation and make solid contact with the conductor.
- 7.) Insert the red caps to cover the heads of the piercing screws and secure them with the zip ties that are provided.
- 8.) Label both the CT and the CT lead wires so you know which ports to connect to on the meter.
These CTs are designed to be used in conjunction with our Omnimeter line of electric meters for any load from 1/4 amp to 200 amps.
These CTs are so easy to install you may see an overall savings in reduced labor costs to offset the increased price of the split core format.
These are very compact and economical for their level of accuracy (0.1%). They have 7518 internal turns, creating a 26.6 mA output at maximum amperage.
The CTs will fit on up to 4/0 insulated wires. It is a good idea to measure your wires before selecting a CT model to be sure that they will fit.
- Use 1 CT for single phase 2-wire systems (one hot (110V to 415V) and one neutral, with or without ground).
- Use 1 CT for 2-wire systems (two hot wires (110V to 240V) and no neutral).
- Use 2 CTs for a 120/240V three-wire system (two hots and a neutral, with or without ground).
- Use 2 CTs for 3-phase 3-wire systems. (without neutral, up to 415V).
- Use 3 CTs for 3-phase 4-wire systems. (with neutral, up to 480V).
Each CT has a unique serial number, is individually tested, and indicates the correct orientation of the CT in relation to the load of the electrical system being metered.
For more information about our products and services, we encourage you to visit our online Knowledge Base, which provides spec sheets, videos, tutorials, FAQs, diagrams, and more.
The PSCT-019-200 Spec Sheet is available here: PSCT-019-200 Spec Sheet.