Watertight Enclosure with Hinged and Latching Lid - UL Listed - 6.7” x 10.63” x 4.33"
Type: Outdoor, Watertight
Mounting: Surface Mount
Dimensions: 6.7” x 10.63” x 4.33"
Features: Clear Lid, Heavy Gasket, Stainless Steel Hinge Pins and Latches
DIN Rail: 2 Pieces Included, for Either Short or Long Axis Mounting
UL and cUL Listed. Use in conjunction with our UL Listed meters and CTs for a complete UL approved installation.
Tough, polycarbonate, water-tight enclosure, excellent for housing one or more of our electric meters.
House up to 2 of the large format meters such as the Omnimeter II UL v.3 or the Omnimeter Pulse UL v.4. House up to 3 of the medium format meters, such as the Omnimeter I v.3, or up to 13 of the smaller EKM-15E, 18mm wide meters.
An ultraviolet stabilizer has been added to the transparent polycarbonate lid to prevent discoloration when installed outdoors. Even so, we recommend that the enclosure be installed out of direct sunlight to ensure that the enclosure outlasts your meter(s).
NEMA 4X rated.
The hinge pins and latches are stainless steel to prevent corrosion over time.
Case and lid both have a small hole intended for a Seal or lock. This is to prevent tampering with the contents of the enclosure after it is installed. (seal or lock not included)
Holes for conduit connections need to be made to suit your needs.
Cover is gasketed for a water-tight seal. No additional screws are needed for mounting meters. Two pieces of DIN-rail are included, which allows you to choose which direction (short or long axis) you want to mount your meter(s).
- UL508A Certificate from Underwriter’s Laboratories
- ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 approval from SGS
- Obtained Certificate of CE by EN from EOTC (European Organization for Testing and Certification)
- Obtained TUV, IP67, IK08 from Germany for plastic enclosures
- Obtained RoHS Certification from SGS, the world’s leading inspection agency in Geneva, Switzerland
- Standard Certification KTL C067-2007 for resin box used for indoor and outdoor electrical equipment below 600v AC
- Passed in Combustion Resistance Test 94:2003 of Korea Institute of Construction Materials
- Passed in Combustion Resistance Test of V–0 for Polycarbonate from Korean Environment and Merchandise Testing Institute
- EX degree: Exe II T5. Certificate Number: CNEx07.0311U
For more information about our products and services, we encourage you to visit our online Knowledge Base, which provides spec sheets, videos, tutorials, FAQs, diagrams, and more.
Please note: We do not recommend that this enclosure be installed in direct sunlight. If it is installed in direct sunlight, we recommend creating a shade for the clear cover. Without a shade the clear cover in direct sunlight will cause the interior of the enclosure to become very hot in some climates, which could damage products in the enclosure.
The EKM-172711 Spec Sheet is available here: UL Enclosure Spec Sheet.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
What is the Length - Width & Depth of the EKM-25XDSE Single Phase Pass Through kWh Meter, in Inches and which Weatherproof Enclosure should I Purchase with this Unit
Here is the link to the spec sheet for the EKM-25XDSE, which displays the dimensions on a diagram of the meter.
Here are the dimensions converted from millimeters to inches:
100mm = approx. 3.94 inches
88mm = approx. 3.46 inches
65mm = approx. 2.56 inches
You can use any of our enclosures here. If you need weatherproof, select one of the watertight models:
Thanks - Seth, EKM Metering