EKM Omnimeter Pulse v.4
EKM-Omnimeter Pulse v.4 -- Our Most Advanced Universal Smart Meter now with the ability to count pulses from three pulse-output devices, and the ability to control two relays. Turn circuits on and off remotely!
We are very excited by the potential of this new meter. It represents a major leap forward in our metering capabilities. This meter reflects years of experience and is the pinnacle of our metering development, incorporating everything we have learned into a reliable, capable, and affordable metering package. We look forward to seeing where this meter will take us and how our customers will use it.
The Omnimeter Pulse v.4 can count the pulses from up to 3 different pulse output devices. These could be pulses from our Pulse Output Water Meters and Pulse Output Gas Meters or from any other unpowered dry contact pulse output device. Pulse Input ratios can be set in software from 1 to 9999 pulses per increment. The state of the 3 Inputs can also be polled in software, the Omnimeter Pulse v.4 will return a High or Low state for each pin in real-time (use this for sensing switch states, open or closed doors, etc). Connect Pulse Generator or Switching Sensor to each of the 3 Pulse Inputs.
The Omnimeter Pulse v.4 comes with 2 controllable relay outputs. These can be controlled via software. You can set the outputs to be high or low to drive an external relay. The outputs are both 50 mA at 12 volts. Control lights, motors, etc by controlling relays. One option is our EKM Switch120, which is a relay switch for a 120V circuit. The Relay Control Outputs can also be set to go on or off from 1 to 9999 seconds. The realtime state of the outputs can also be polled via software. The outputs can also be used to power an external device (Wireless 485Bee Module, sensors, etc).
The Omnimeter Pulse is also a revenue-grade universal kWh meter. It can meter systems ranging from single-phase 120V 2-wire or single phase 120/240V 3-wire, 120V to 480 volts, or 3-phase 3-wire 120 to 400 volts or 3-phase 4-wire 120 to 480V, 50/60Hz , 50/60 Hz. It Supports CTs from 100A to 5000A. This meter will work with any system that is commonly used in the world.
8 times faster RS-485 communication speeds for remote reading. Uses our full range of compact external CTs. CT ratio can be set internally to work with up to 5000 amp CTs (no multiplier needed). Fully supported by our free, remote reading, EKM Dash software.
For more information and videos displaying proper wiring of this meter please visit our Complete Guide to EKM Metering page.
This 3-phase, 4-wire meter is truly a worldwide universal meter and can be used to meter a wide variety of electrical systems. Meters systems from 120V, single-phase, 2-wire, to 480V, 3-phase, 4-wire, both 60Hz and 50Hz. There is not an electrical system in common use that this meter will not support. Accurate to 0.5% (Class 0.5). We now stock CTs for up to 3000A, and much larger CTs are available on special order.
120 volt single phase North American or 230 volt 2-wire foreign systems require 1 CT per meter. 120/240 volt single phase requires 2 CTs per meter. 3-phase 3-wire requires 2 CTs per meter. 3-phase 4-wire requires 3 CTs per meter.
Here is a quick synopsis of the Omnimeter Pulse v.4:
1. Our EKM Omnimeter Pulse v.4 can meter any electrical system that is commonly used in the world. It can operate on 50 or 60 Hz, 120 to 480 volts, 1-phase or 3-phase, it is accurate to 0.5%, and can meter up to 5000 amp systems. Here it is in our online store: EKM-Omnimeter Pulse
2. It has 3 Pulse Counting inputs. Each of these is counted independently and can be given an input ratio (from 1 to 9999). These will normally be used to remotely count Pulse-Output Water Meters and Pulse-Output Gas Meters. Each pulse input can be polled for the real-time state (open or closed), for sensing switch states, or open and closed doors, etc.
3. It has 2 controllable outputs: These are regulated 12VDC 50mA. Used to control relays or power small devices. The applications vary from demand response, controlling water valves, controlling any size of relay, pre-paid metering, car charging station control, door latch, etc. These outputs can also be turned on or off from 1 to 9999 seconds.
4. Resettable kWh Registers: This meter has 2 separate kWh registers (distinct from the main kWh Registers) that can be reset to zero. There are both Total and Reverse Resettable kWh. Just like the Trip Odometer in a car, you can zero these out to see just how much energy you have used since the reset.
5. Variable kWh Resolution: The decimal places displayed on the face of the meter and in software varies depending on the CT Ratio setting in the meter. For example, if you set the meter to use 200 amp CTs the LCD screen will display kWh as 99999.99 kWh. If you set the CT ratio to 800 amps the LCD kWh screen will display 999999.9 kWh, if you set the CT ratio to 5000 amps the LCD kWh screen will display 9999999 kWh. This helps to have higher resolution for small loads and to not have the LCD screen increment too quickly for large loads.
6. Measure Max Demand on 15, 30 or 60 minute demand periods. Automatic Reset
7. Frequency, VARs, and kVARh for power quality measurement, appliance signatures, and power factor correction.
8. Real-Time Direction of Current: This is helpful for knowing if the watts you are reading are going from the Grid or back to the Grid (in the case of Solar generation)
9. Settable Pulse Output. This meter has 2 pulse outputs. 1 is still 800 pulses per kWh with 200 amp CTs, the Settable Pulse Output can be set from 1 to 800 pulses per kWh. This is useful for legacy pulse counting AMR systems.
10. Kilowatt Hours on Each Line: This meter is really 3 meters in one when installed on 2 wire systems (most of the worlds electrical systems, and 120 volt 2-wire here in the US)
11. 40 values On the LCD Screen: Set the meter to display any value you choose (from 1 to 40). See Spec Sheet
12. Large Voltage Reference Terminal Blocks
Data returned on RS485:
- Total kWh (forward + reverse) in 4 time periods
- Reverse kWh in 4 time periods (for renewable generation)
- Volts on each line
- Amps on each line
- Watts on each line
- Power factor on each line
- Max demand (in 15, 30, or 60 minute time periods)
- Internal meter clock time stamp with date and time
- Meter ID
- CT Ratios
- Frequency (Hz)
- 3 Pulse Counts
- 3 Pulse Ratios
- Real Time Input States (open or closed)
- 2 Relay Output States
- Kilowatt Hours (Total and Reverse) on 3 Separate Lines (3 meters in one for some systems)
- Real Time Direction of Current on 3 separate Lines (solar!)
- Settable pulse output (set from 1 to 800 pulses per kWh)
- Automatic Max Demand Reset
These values can be best explored by viewing a sample meter in our free 30-day trial version of our EKM Dash software. You can still have 256 meters connected to each gateway over 4000 feet of wire or zigbee wireless connections. Read your meters from anywhere in the world.
Spec Sheet: Omnimeter Pulse Spec Sheet
We also have our regular version of the Omnimeter here: Universal kWh Meter
And our UL Listed version of the Omnimeter here: UL Listed kWh Meter
A Lot More Information is available here: The Complete Guide to EKM Metering