Description: Remote Switchable 120V AC Power Cord
Connections: Low Voltage DC Pos(+) and Neg(-), Standard 3-prong 120 Volt AC
Control 2 of these 120 volt switches by connecting them to our new Omnimeter Pulse v.4
Each switch can be controlled independently using the EKM Dash by connecting them to Output1 and Output 2 on the Omnimeter Pulse.
This is a power cord that switches 120V AC (up to 15 amps) with a DC control voltage of 3 VDC @ 3mA to 12 VDC @ 30mA. This device gives you the capability to turn your power on/off remotely using a very tiny control voltage! It is big enough to control major loads: pumps, lights, appliances, etc.
- No exposed 120V AC voltages and no dangerous 120V AC wiring required.
- Plugs into standard American 120V AC 3-prong household outlets, power strips, and extension cords.
- Eliminates the exposure of hazardous voltages in DIY projects, classrooms, and on development work benches.
- No special 120V AC wiring when deploying new products and custom solutions.
- Can be installed by non-technical users.
- 5300vrms isolation from the 120V AC circuit. Indoor use only.
- Easily inserts between power source and corded electrical devices.
- Normally open swich. Switches up to 15 amps with a control signal as low as 3vdc at 3ma. Ideal for use with battery operated controllers or microcontrollers.
- Connects directly to Arduino or other MCU digital pin without the need for driver transistor or buffer circuit.
- Two-wire lo voltage control signal connects to terminal block (30-14 AWG) port 1 and port 2.
- LED indicator shows status of control signal.
- Units are "stackable" and easily mount on a 2" x 2.5" grid with two screws.
- Connect input plug to wall outlet or when using multiple units, to a power strip.
- Connect output receptacle to a single powered device or to a power strip to control multiple loads.
- Output devices may be 3-prong or 2-prong appliances or lights.
- Convenient safety ground connection available for grounding external control circuit.
- AC input: NEMA 5-15P Plug, standard 120vac with ground.
- AC output: NEMA 5-15R Receptacle, standard 120vac with ground.
- Switching capacity: 15amps @ 120vac.
- Life expectancy: 100,000 operations @ 15 amps, 125V AC, resistive.
- DC input: 3-12vdc (3-30ma), terminal block accepts #30-14 AWG wire.
- Switching Speed: 15 ms max actuate, 10 ms max release.
- DC to AC circuit isolation: 5300Vrms.
- Indicator: LED indicates when DC side is energized.
- Protection: AC side protected with 150V AC MOV; DC side is transient free.
- Mounting: Two #6 screws on 2" x 2.5" grid.
For more information about our products and services, we encourage you to visit our online Knowledge Base, which provides spec sheets, videos, tutorials, FAQs, diagrams, and more.
- Additional Information
- Questions and Answers
Questions & AnswersExpand allCollapse allSort byMost Recent QuestionsQ:Could this be used to control a small A/C unit or dehumidifier - by using a limit switch that closes the DC circuit? (i.e. could I put a limit switch on my garage door and use the EKM switch to only power a small A/C unit when the door is closed?)1 answersQ:What is the range on the remote?1 answersQ:2 questions: Is it UL-approved? Does it ship from a warehouse in the US?1 answersQ:The receiver is an AV receiver (for home theater) It is a Onkyo TX-RZ900. It has a 12V AC trigger, up to 100mA. Also, which connector cable does one need to attach to your device?
1 answersQ:Can I use the "12V Trigger out" from my receiver to operate this switch?1 answersLoading...
- Installer Directory